Welcome to our parish!
Hello and welcome to the web site of Our Lady of Mercy, the only official English-speaking Catholic parish in Madrid. Our mission is to provide the English-speaking Christians of Madrid with the ability to worship God in their mother tongue. We have people from all over the world and our parish is a family.
We hope you can find the information you are looking for on this site. If you come to Madrid, we hope you will join our community for Sunday liturgy. We hope you will “Come and see.” (John 1:39)
May God bless you,
We celebrate Sunday Mass at 11:00!! (Every Sunday) For Holy Days, please check the weekly email.
Please follow our guidelines: (updated June 7, 2021)
The general guidelines for entering the church are as follows:
1) A face mask is still necessary to attend Mass.
2) Please use the disinfecting gel at the entrance.
3) The capacity of the church is now 75% currently, around 375 people.
4) Confessions are heard on Sundays before and after Mass in the well ventilated parish offices. You must wear a face mask in confession. An appointment is not necessary.
5) The fellowship after the Mass in our Fellowship room has sadly been cancelled until further notice.
6) Please sign up for the newsletter to stay informed of future changes.
Please consider making a donation to support your church. We continue to assist our parishioners in need, so if you would like to make a donation, please send us an email an we will respond with the bank details [Donations are tax deductible for Spanish tax payers].
OLM Prayer Group
The power of prayer is infinite. And no more so than now, amid this global pandemic, do we all feel the need to pray and ask the Lord for his help and guidance. OLM has started up its own Prayer Group which meets on the last Tuesday of each month at 8pm. This is currently an online event, which we hope will become in person at some point. The next meeting is on November 30th 2021. We come together for about an hour, during which we pray together, reflect on a specific scripture passage and then pray for our own intentions and those which have been sent to us. We would be delighted to welcome more members to the group. However, if you can’t make the session but would like to send us a prayer request, feel free to do just that! Please send an email to Judy MacInnes at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you prefer to keep your requests anonymous, we will of course respect that.