The world seems upside down at times, so I will begin with the joke today!
Ready But Not Willing
For years now, dogs have been great allies in law enforcement, but they are not perfect either. A friend of mine is a deputy with the sheriff’s department canine unit. One evening, the deputy was dispatched to the scene of a possible burglary, where he discovered the back door of a building ajar. He let the dog out his patrol car and commanded it to enter and seek.
Jumping from the back seat, the dog headed for the building. After lunging through the doorway, the dog froze and backed out. My friend was puzzled until he investigated further and saw the sign on the building: “Veterinarian’s Office.”
Laughter is the best medicine!
1) As of last Monday, The church’s neighbourhood is NO LONGER CONFINED. You can enter without any special permission.
2) TODAY THURSDAY, at 6:30 PM, there will be exposition, adoration, and benediction of the Blessed Sacrament. I have made a power point presentation with sacred music to help us meditate. At 7:00 PM we will pray the rosary in Spanish. If you feel the need to meditate before the Lord using this special devotional practice, you are most welcome to come.
3) “This Saturday April 17th Father Chris Staab will lead a Morning of Reflection entitled Praying with the Resurrected Jesus. He is an extremely popular and gifted American Jesuit priest. This will be held in the Church from 10-1 pm. (More than enough room for social distancing) There will be a coffee break midway. If you are coming along please bring your bible and something to make notes in. There will be some copies available of the scripture passages used. Father Chris and Fr. Ron will be on hand afterwards for confessions.” HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
4) On Sunday, Fr. Ron will preside and preach and we continue with Easter joy and hope! Sunday’s homily will explore Jesus as Divine Consoler.
5) The Mass intention on Sunday is for Mario Rossetti, Angelina’s father on the 8th anniversary of his entrance into new and everlasting life. We pray for his soul and also for Angelina who misses him dearly. Please remember, if you want a mass intention, use the form that may be found in the parish office area. Thank you.
May you be blessed in abundance,
Here’s a bonus smile:
A young child asked a woman how old she was. She answered, “39 and holding.”
The child thought for a moment, then said, “And how old would you be if you let go?”
By the way, if you want to unsubscribe
from our mailing list, just send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and you will immediately be removed from the list.