The Crafts Circle: a joint, charitable initiative between OLM and San Dámaso.
What do we do?
Craft for Charity. Indulge in fun Christmas projects. Make new friends. Have fun. Share a coffee/beverage and chat crafts and Christ.
– Tree ornaments
– Crib figurines
– Baby Blankets
Alternatively, you can keep them for yourself or gift them to someone you know.
- Knitting: Yarn + Knitting needles (chop sticks or pencils will also do)
- Crochet: Yarn + Crochet hook.
Suggestion: Borrow or try thrift stores for cheap alternatives until you find your craft.
Where can I learn the basics?Catch up with us in the Fellowship room, Gabi is available every Sunday (look out for the big black violin case she carries)
Learn from YouTube at your own pace (links below).
Ask a friend… crafts are a great way of fostering new relationships.
Meet us in the Fellowship Room on Sunday after the English mass.
– Gabi, easily identifiable by the violin case, will be available to clear doubts on crochet until 12:30.
– Looking for volunteers for knitting questions.
– Yarn: Brand Drops (mainly because of price)
– Support local stores, a mercería will have everything you need
Donate yarn and supplies or funds for yarn and other supplies.
Spread the word … talk about the circle so others can join or donate.
Volunteer to teach a craft you are good at.
Knitting for beginners: https://www.
Crocheting for beginners:
Knitting techniques (beyond the basics): https://youtube.com/
More crochet patterns: