Due to the pandemic, we can’t meet in person and share our Christmas Cheer. However, we have come up with a few online activities to share with our parishioners. Join us as we share our Christmas Spirit while respecting all current social distancing precautions.
Christmas Cards (starting now until 6th Jan)
– Get your children to brighten up our webpage for Christmas. Send your colourful Christmas greeting cards to email@example.com and we’ll put them up for everyone to see!! (please make sure only first names are mentioned)
A Christmas Prayer – We all want the virus to go away but what special prayer will you be offering up during this celebration of Jesus’ birth? (starting now until 6th Jan)
– Share a prayer for Christmas. For yourself / your family / OLM / the world
– Share your words / a photo of your prayer or create a short video / audio (less than a minute)
– Send in your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll publish it to the webpage and Facebook
A Taste of Christmas – (starting now until 10th Jan)
– Share your favourite family recipe for the season with OLM by emailing it in the following format to email@example.com
– If you like a dish or make it, don’t forget to like/comment/share a photo.
The Knit Before Christmas – (starting now until 3rd Jan)
– If you knit, sew or crochet, how about knitting, sewing or crocheting a Christmas present? A scarf, a scarf and hat, gloves or socks.
– If you knit for a kid, gift wrap the item(s) and tag it “Nazaret”
– If it’s for an adult, gift wrap the item(s) and tag it “Caritas”
– Leave the present under the Advent Wreath at the altar
— PS: If you can’t knit/sew/crochet and would prefer buying…. that’s cool too!
– If you’d like to share an image or a simple pattern with the community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Christmas Cheer – 19/12/2020 – 19:30 – 21:00
– Songs, poems and stories as we sit around the Fellowship Zoom and share the joys of Christmas.
– A pub quiz to check our Christmas trivia.
– Dress Code – Festive, fun and fancy – antlers optional.
– If you’d like to participate as a family/group / individual please send an email to email@example.com before the 14th of December titled “Christmas Cheer – Participant”. Let us know what you would like to perform and one of the organisers will get in touch.
– If you’d like to be in the audience and sing and dance along with us, please send us an email with the title “Christmas Cheer – Audience” before the 19th of Decemeber.
– The link to participate
Thank you for your spirited participation in the event!
If you have other ideas, suggestions or require more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope that you join us and share your Christmas joy with OLM and our sister parish San Dámaso.
A Merry Christmas to one and all!